APPLY FOR A FINANCIAL NEED BURSARY
Please note, applications are open now.
The Indie Filmmakers Lab provides a limited number of bursaries for youth facing financial restrictions, generously provided by our sponsors.
REQUIREMENTS + INFORMATION
- Bursaries are intended only for youth whose families face financial restrictions, who otherwise would not be able to attend the program.
- Bursary applicants must provide a reference (eg: teacher, school counselor, youth worker, etc...) who we will contact to confirm financial need and determine eligibility.
- To apply for a bursary, complete the application form on this page as completely as possible by May 27, 2018.
- After financial need has been established, bursary recipients will be chosen based on their written statement in this application form. We're looking for passionate, driven young artists who are willing to work hard to create a great film, and the online bursary application should reflect that motivation. While previous experience will be considered, it is not in any way required. Rather, bursary applicants should make clear why they want to attend The Indie Filmmakers Lab, what they hope to gain from the experience, and what they hope to contribute creatively and collaboratively. Note: The written statement portion of the application must be filled out by the applicant (not by a parent or guardian).
- Bursary applicants must also complete and submit the program application form.
- Once we receive your application, we will contact your personal reference to determine eligibility. All applicants will be contacted by email within 5 business days.